SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Sabra Faulk & the Angel Band back together in December!
THIS SHOW HAS SOLD OUT!!
In 2012, Sabra Faulk was asked to be the Sunday night headliner of the 27th annual Tucson Folk Festival. Her album, Acoustic Angel, was hot off the press and she wanted to bring a full band to the event. So, Sabra put together an all-female cast of local musicians, and the Angel Band was born. Together, this powerhouse took Sabra’s songs to a new level.
The all-star cast, full of Tucson celebrities:
- Mitzi Cowell – lead guitarist & vocalist Mitzi performs, writes, records, and produces her own original music, and other people's projects, in her home studio. Acoustic, electric, bass, songs, notes, rhythms, solos, etc. She’s been deeply influenced by the New Orleans groove, Delta Blues, '60s and '70s rock, and all the great players she gets to work with in her beloved Tucson music community. She also plays bass at the fabulous Gaslight Theatre!
- Gillian DeLear – drummer Gillian has played in many local and touring bands with styles ranging from Afro-pop, country, jazz, blues, and rock. She is an acclaimed jazz drummer with a degree in Professional Music from Berklee College of Music. She currently resides in Boston and plays in many jazz and blues bands across Massachusetts. She offers private lessons for piano and drums, and has a small recording studio called Nacho Mama Studios.
- Heather Hardy – violinist & vocalist Heather “Lil’ Mama” Hardy began studying the piano at age six and picked up the violin at nine. While attending the Manhattan School of Music she began to play in the subway to make money while collaborating with different blues and rock musicians. This was the turning point at which she began to explore improvisation on the violin, and her unique style emerged. After many years playing in internationally recognized bands, she was inducted into the Arizona Blues Hall of Fame in 2000. Currently, Heather plays with her own band, the Heather “Lil’ Mama” Hardy Band, tours internationally, and has released 5 albums of original songs.
- Bunny Kirby – vocalist & rhythm guitarist Bunny learned to sing and play guitar as a young girl on songs that her Dad wrote, and has been singing ever since. She and Sabra have been in several country music bands together over the years, and their vocal harmonies are unmatched.
- Beverly Seckinger – bassist & vocalist From the cowboy bars of Wyoming to the streets of Marrakesh, bassist and multi-instrumentalist Bev Seckinger has had her hands on some instrument since before she can remember. Bev is famous for her local band, The Wayback Machine. and before that she sang and played bass, guitar, and a bit of mandolin with Peep Show and Betty Diamond. In her spare time, Bev teaches film and video at the University of Arizona. In her 2004 documentary, Laramie Inside Out, she explores the aftermath of Matthew Shepard's gay-bashing murder in her Wyoming hometown, and features the music of many Tucson musicians, including The Wayback Machine.
Since 2012, Sabra Faulk & the Angel Band has rarely appeared publicly, but will be getting back together on December 21st, 2018, for a special concert at Unity in the Valley.
This year, Sabra adds another local favorite, Amber Norgaard (vocalist, pianist, guitarist), to the Angel Band, creating a show that cannot be seen or heard anywhere else!
WHAT: Sabra Faulk & the Angel Band, Unity in the Valley Concert Series (hosted by Amber Norgaard and Sabra Faulk)
WHEN: Friday, December 21st, 2018, 7:00pm (doors at 6:00pm)
WHERE: Unity in the Valley, 17630 S Camino de Las Quintas, Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
THIS SHOW HAS SOLD OUT, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Limited seating. Get your tickets in advance, as this show is likely to sell out. AND IT HAS